We keep hearing from people we talk to that there is so much going on in Cleveland. One of the great ways to learn about what is up-and-coming in our city is by attending a PechaKucha Night Cleveland. All PechaKucha Night Cleveland events are special, but on August 7, 2014, it was combined with other events happening in our community that made it all extra special -- AHA! Cleveland events and Gay Games 9.
Weekends and weekdays -- we have found that there is so much going on in Cleveland! We want to share with you here two events that we attended last weekend.
The first event, attended by Julie and Stuart, PechaKucha Cleveland, was something we have enjoyed many times in the past. Knowing the history of the location, The City Club, added an interesting dimension.
The second event, attended by Julie, Kevin, and Stuart, was a gift to the community from the The Cleveland Foundation as part of their 100th birthday celebration -- a free day at the Great Lakes Science Center.
This is the first installment, entitled PechaKucha Cleveland at The City Club.
We have found that PechaKucha Night Cleveland always makes for an enjoyable time. Thus, we were excited to attend PechaKucha Night Cleveland's August 23, 2013, outdoor event behind the West Side Market in Cleveland's Ohio City.
- Paul Benner (@CLEBrewShop - ClevelandBrewshop.com) The Cleveland Brewshop
- Fred and Laura Bidwell (@TransformerStat - TransformerStation.org - @FredBidwell - BidwellProjects.com) Founders, Fred and Laura Ruth Bidwell Foundation
- Marco Ciccarelli (@techne_m - TechneArchitects.com) architect, studioTECHNE|architects
- YouTube PKNCLE19 - #2 - Marc Ciccarelli - Aristotle, Emptiness, and Godzilla
- Brandon Juhasz (BrandonJuhasz.com) Artist
- Faith McFluff (Faithmcfluff.com) Hula Hoops: It's not Just a Toy Anymore....
- YouTube PKNCLE19 - #3 - Faith McFluff - Hula Hoops
- Mark Michel (ItMakesYouHappier.com) Graphic Designer/Street Artist
- Wayne Mortensen (@arlomort - www.npi-cle.org) Architect, Neighborhood Progress Inc
- Loren Naji (LorenNaji.com) Artist/Gallery Owner, Loren Naji Studio Gallery
- Johnny S. (JohnnyvilleSlugger.com) Johnnyville Slugger
- Marilou Suszko (@MarilouSuszko - MarilouSuszko.com) Behind-the-scenes stories of Cleveland's West Side Market
- YouTube PKNCLE19 - #1 - Marilou Suszko - The West Side Market: Myths and Made-Up Shit
- Andy Tveekrem (@Mrkt_Grdn_Beer - MarketGardenBrewery.com) Brewmaster, Market Garden Brewery
- Mike Zubal (@ZubalBooks - ZubalBooks.com) Zubal Books
Here are this week's Cleveland tech, entrepreneur, and social media meetings!
Here are this week's Cleveland tech and social media meetings!
In addition to the incredible CodeMash conference happening this week, there is also a lot happening in Cleveland.
Today, I also updated the listing for my WebSigCleveland.org meetings.
What is PechaKucha Night? "Drawing its name from the Japanese term for the sound of conversation ("chit chat"), it rests on a presentation format that is based on a simple idea: 20 images x 20 seconds. It's a format that makes presentations concise, and keeps things moving at a rapid pace."
On Wednesday, September 12, 2012, PechaKucha Night Cleveland had the following presenters (in no particular order): Barbara Tannenbaum, Curator of Photography, Cleveland Museum of Art (photography); Mike Polk (comedy); Devin Vandermaas, The Factory 2.0 (fashion); Kristen Baumlier, Food Fonts (design); Mark Schatz, Unstable Geographies (sculpture); Kim Jenkins, Rising Star Coffee (coffee); Justin Markert, Cellar Door CLE (music); Margaret Mann, Tuscany Wines (wine); Mary Fagans, City Year CLE (community); Valerie Grossman (ceramics artist); Chris Ronayne, Port of Cleveland; Lennie Stover, Rotary, Trains and Bikes, Oh My! (amazing new public space).
Wow, what a week!